VISION & MISSION
Build a thriving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community, living with equality in a supportive inclusive environment.
The mission of LGBTQ Center of Bay County is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning population of Bay County by providing activities, programs and services that create community; empower community members; provide essential resources; advocate for civil and human rights; and embrace, promote and support LGBTQ cultural diversity.
The LGBTQ Center of Bay County Inc. currently operates the only dedicated all-inclusive lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and straight-allied (LGBTQ+) youth program in the Panhandle of Florida.
CORE VALUES & CULTURE
• COLLABORATE internally with members of the LGBTQ+ community, volunteers and donors and externally with our community partners, stakeholders and allies.
• CELEBRATE the culture and history of the LGBTQ+ Community.
• ADVOCATE in a diverse, inclusive and proactive manner on behalf of the LGBTQ+ community.
• INNOVATE by creating new ideas and taking bold steps that lead to positive change.
• EDUCATE LGBTQ+ individuals, their friends, families, allies and the broader community on issues of gender and sexual minorities in order to eliminate discrimination
in all forms.
• INITIATE and improve the health and wellness of the LGBTQ+ community through culturally competent access to resources and information.
• OPERATE with trust, integrity and transparency in all operations while preserving the privacy of our members and donors.